difference between qpi and dmi

Status
Not open for further replies.

robina_80

Banned
this goes for intel proc and i want to know whats the difference i know qpi is better isnt it? and i think its the speed at which the hardware talks to eachother isnt it?

thanks for the link

so the dmi is for the mainstream market where as the qpi is enthusiasts basically the difference is qpi can allow you to run multiple gpus where as the dmi can only allow you to run single at 16x or dual at 8x speed?

QPI and DMI are the bus lines the cpu uses to connect to the memory, northbridge and southbridge on the X58 and P55 chipsets, with the northbridge and southbridge combined on the P55. While they are different, QPI offers more bandwidth, DMI with the P55 must work quite simular. If you'll look at a CPU-Z screen of a i5 750 you'll see that it shows a QPI Link.
16322537.jpg

And here's a screenshot from the EVGA P55 Classified Manual that shows a QPI Frequency Selecter, a multiplier. The Base Clock x QPI Frequency Selector = The QPI Link shown in the CPU-Z screen.
p55k.jpg

Let's play nice. Everyone makes a bad call every now and then, especially when they were thinking the topic was something else entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom