difference between pc 2700 333mhz and 400mhz ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

illnastyimpreza

In Runtime
One thing to keep in mind is to never trust eBay with your computer parts. And for the MHz, you shouldn't worry much about that. Worry about your model. Download Everest and check your motherboard's model for the RAM.

One thing to keep in mind is to never trust eBay with your computer parts.

especially if they have pictures like that second one....

The mhz would mean more speed, so the PC3200 would be better. however, also note that those are DDR, so make sure that your Motherboard doesn't take DDR2 instead. (as they are not compatible, to my disappointment because DDR2 is soo cheap right not)

Newegg.com - Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

for close to the same price, you get one of the highest quality brands, and buy from a retail site. They should be backwards compatible to the PC3200, (they will just clock down to it), but they are DDR2. I would soo buy two of these if I had a DDR2 board.

Since you mentioned PC2700, which is a DDR spec, I'm thinking that you have DDR rather then DDR2, Unfortunately DDR is more expensive then DDR2, (almost twice as much in some cases...)

Pricewatch | Buy PC3200 DDR 1GB dual channel System Memory at the lowest price page 1

shows the 1GB memory sticks. I've been eying that $38 samsung for some time now, (depending on dropping money in old dieing system or upgrade), but it might be worth the extra, $10 at most from comparing the other two auctions, actually about the same price for the second auction, to get a more known brand, then the generic stuff those auctions offer.

Edit -- what you didn't say was if you were dropping in the two only, or leaving current ram in. I believe that it can cause problems mixing different speeds of ram, (ie. PC3200 with PC2700), for the most part it will just clock the PC3200 down to PC2700, but sometimes I've had unstable performance when leaving mixed speeds in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom