Did I mess up my new Motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennykyser

Baseband Member
As I wait on my new Video Card PCI-E I read over the instructions again and remember when i was installing the processor the first time I set it in I had not removed the plastic protective cover, I realized when the processor was not fitting in corectly and took it back out and found the plastic cover :mad:

Could this have damaged the mobo or processor even though I did not press down very hard when trying to install it? The MOBO comes with a quick guide installation and also another guide and a book, the quick guide did not explain this very well, and although I know it now, could have done the damage already.

Is there any way to tell if the processor and Mobo are working corectly, the fans, heatsink, drives all seem to work fine but not sure if that is controlled by the processor and mobo or not?

If I did mess the mobo up, would the processor still be ok, or would putting the processor on a damaged mobo damage it too. I never touched the bottom side of the processor, but the plastic cover did touch the mobo area where the processor goes.

If I did I will really feel like a dumb a$$ :mad:

Dude if you didnt press the socket down you should be fine. Turn it on without the video card. If you hear a solid beep then you are fine. I THINK it will post fine without a video card you just wont see anything. Not sure but most likely you are fine.

NickBrown7804 said:
Dude if you didnt press the socket down you should be fine. Turn it on without the video card. If you hear a solid beep then you are fine. I THINK it will post fine without a video card you just wont see anything. Not sure but most likely you are fine.

There is NO BEEP? I did try the PCI video card in 2 dif PCI slots before removing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom