Diablo 3 Upgrade Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

dslater1678

Solid State Member
Hi all,

I am trying to upgrade my computer to run Diablo 3 smoothly, but I'm feeling too cheap to buy an entire new computer. Right now my build is pretty old.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ 2.21 GHz
512mb Radeon X1900 gfx card
2gb ram

If I upgraded the graphics card and doubled the ram would I be able to run Diablo 3 smoothly? or does the processor really need to be upgraded too? Any advice, as well as suggestions for specific new components will be greatly appreciated. Let me know if I need to find/post more specifics.

I don't have a specific $$ requirement, so all suggestions are welcome!

Thanks!

I think your GFX card is holding you back more than your CPU. Newer games are not very CPU intensive.

Is that RAM DDR2? If so, what speed?

Thanks for your reply; to be honest with you I really have no idea. Is there an easy way to check?

Given the circumstances... do you think I need to buy a new motherboard + ram + gfx card? Or could I pull off just a new gfx card? Thoughts?

Given the circumstances... do you think I need to buy a new motherboard + ram + gfx card? Or could I pull off just a new gfx card? Thoughts?

With your current ram set, I wouldnt try it not unless the game was out for a long time and playable on basic settings.

Either you can do intel or AMD.
If you set us up a budget we can give you individual build specs to choose from.
If your looking to save some good money best you can spend is about nearly 500.00 total under a AMD FX AM3+/FM1 line up or 700.00 on a sandy bridge/Ivybridge based build.

First, the CPU and RAM are mostly fine, they meet minimum specs, the GPU how-ever does NOT. Diablo 3 requires a beefy GPU. People should seriously stop trying to push new stuff when things meet the games reqs. -.-

First, the CPU and RAM are mostly fine, they meet minimum specs, the GPU how-ever does NOT. Diablo 3 requires a beefy GPU. People should seriously stop trying to push new stuff when things meet the games reqs. -.-

Alright I'll give you credit for that, but really man DDR1 on 200mhz ?
Seriously, I rather him go for a am2+/am3 motherboard with DDR2 at 667 or higher.
Also the video card a minimum of a AMD Hd 3000 or up would do him justice.

He did ask for optional build so I thought I throw it out on the table.
Never know when he may get sick of athlon X2 64bit after so long. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom