Diablo 3 graphics card upgrade options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckop11

In Runtime
I just bought Diablo 3 and want to upgrade my graphics card. - I know what are the best cards out.. but what i don't know is whats the best i can get without my system causing any bottle necking.

My specs are in my sig. Ive only had ATI but open to anything.

Thanks all again!! I'll check back tomorrow.

Really depends on your budget, according to recommended system reqs you can snag a GTX 460 for ~$100 for good results.

The 3, 4, 5, and 6 series have issues with the game, supposedly due to a driver, though it didn't start till a recent beta patch, and is supposedly fixed with a hotfix release from ATI, though I have heard from many people there are still huge issues with ATI graphics in D3.

im using a gtx 560 2gb ddr5 ram ans the game is maxed running perfect for me. the crashes i seem is wen battle net crashed but that's oops on their part tho.

Apparently Blizzard fixed most the GPU issues just before launch, but ATI had to make a hotfix to help the cards that still had issues. Anyways, I wouldn't even bother upgrading a PC to play the game, they are STILL having issues with the network, go figure. Probably the most profitable but worst launches I have ever seen from them.

We've recently become aware that playing Diablo III with the latest Catalyst 12.4 drivers for ATI cards may cause some visual artifacts for specific hardware configurations. This issue affects users of ATI Radeon HD 2400, 2600, 2900, 3400, 3600 and 4500 graphics cards under Windows Vista and Windows 7. ATI Radeon HD 4600, 4700, 4800, 5000, 6000 and 7000 series products are unaffected, as is Windows XP.

If you are using an affected card you may receive a warning from the game stating your video card is unsupported. This message can be bypassed by hitting the escape key, but you may experience issues when playing with these cards.

Update: ATI has released a Catalyst 12.4a driver hotfix for the affected cards.

Still, the fact remains that SC2 has had numerous patches where an ATI card would become crippled playing the game, and AMD/ATI has had to go and "fix" the issue because Blizzard apparently thinks it's always the drivers. I am an AMD fanboy saying, if you want to stick with blizzard games, look at Nvidia, as historically, they have had the least issues since Activision took over. I feel the same will happen in D3, Blizzard will release a patch every few months that will screw up the client over drivers.

Really depends on your budget, according to recommended system reqs you can snag a GTX 460 for ~$100 for good results.

I can agree with this. The GTX 460 is a solid card, unless your budget is higher and you can get something a bit more nice. But with my specs in my sig, I can run Diablo 3 at max settings with Anti-Aliasing (AA) and having no FPS problems. I have a GTX 460 1gb and a AMD 1055t 6 core CPU running @ 3.4ghz, your processor is technically better (3.5ghz, 4 cores) and since most games don't really use all 6 cores then you will be getting pretty much the same performance as me with a GTX 460. But first and foremost, we need your budget OP.

Apparently Blizzard fixed most the GPU issues just before launch, but ATI had to make a hotfix to help the cards that still had issues. Anyways, I wouldn't even bother upgrading a PC to play the game, they are STILL having issues with the network, go figure. Probably the most profitable but worst launches I have ever seen from them.

Still, the fact remains that SC2 has had numerous patches where an ATI card would become crippled playing the game, and AMD/ATI has had to go and "fix" the issue because Blizzard apparently thinks it's always the drivers. I am an AMD fanboy saying, if you want to stick with blizzard games, look at Nvidia, as historically, they have had the least issues since Activision took over. I feel the same will happen in D3, Blizzard will release a patch every few months that will screw up the client over drivers.
When SC2 came out I had a 4890 and played it no probs. Our room mate at the time had dual 4870s and had Crossfire issues but in single card ran it with lowered settings. I must admit though, I only played the SP and then quit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom