Device not reckonized

Status
Not open for further replies.

rnars2345

Beta member
I am running xp ,have been using a MP3player Xclef800 ,no software needed to connect this unit .Two days ago when I connected my player ,I got the message , Windows does not reckonize the device . The MP3 player works ok I can play record though line in etc. But it will not connect to the computer. cannot remove and reload firmware file as cannot get a connection between the MP3 player and the computer ,Any suggestions as to what the problem is or any thing that I can try would be greatly appreciated anchor4@optusnet.com.au

maybe.....ur computer got screwed up within those 2 days so it doesnt recognize removable disks? i've never had this problem before. seeing as i have never had this problem before i would suggest using system restore to 3 or 4 days ago, and see if that fixes it.

Hi rnars2345,

The only suggestion I have is to reformat the player. This can be done through the my computer window by right clicking on the device and clicking format. I'm guessing the MP3 player format is FAT but I would double check that in your manual or by doing a little research.

Make sure you back up your music because it will be overwritten and non-recoverable!

Good luck, let me know if it works!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom