IN DESPERATE NEED OF HELP- FIRST TIME BUYER

Status
Not open for further replies.

lstockdell

Beta member
I'm an architecture student and I have to buy a computer for school. I will be using 3-D rendering programs, CADD, and others. I am looking for a computer that will be fast, able to multi-task large programs, have good graphics, and have a long life (leave room for upgrades). I have done some research but am still unsure about what parts will be my best choice. Specific items that I need advice on are: motherboards, graphic cards, processors, reliable brands with good support, and what products can allow for future upgrades. I do not plan on building my own computer so I will be looking for machines that will give me the best performance for the buck. Another question I have is what areas can I cut back on and what areas are the most important to get the highest quality? I will appreciate any comments....Thanks!

I am new as well but what I have researched is that 3D rendering and such related programs tax the motherboard more than a video card. I would put more stock into a CPU than a GPU.
I am doing this with my comp and I use 3D max, autoCAD, inventor, Revit, and Photoshop to do my CDD work

And the processor that I'm planning on getting is an Intel i-7...i know that will be good, but how do I know if the motherboard is good? Should I make sure there are available slots for the memory and what not?

Check out ibuypower.com. They let you choose your components and they assemble them and ship you the finished rig. We will help you by giving you pointers and suggestions. I would go and put something together for you but I am on a laptop right now and can't stand using the trackpad. >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom