Dell Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Night Fox

OCZ SSD Enthusiast
Hey everyone...a friend of mine wants to upgrade his graphics card to play BF3/MW3/Skyrim. His budget is $250. I picked out:

Newegg.com - EVGA SuperClocked 01G-P3-1461-KR GeForce GTX 560 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
and he'll need a better power supply:
Newegg.com - OCZ ModXStream Pro 500W Modular High Performance Power Supply compatible with Intel Sandybridge Core i3 i5 i7 and AMD Phenom

My main concern is that this is a Dell Inspiron 530 he got in 2008. 6gb ram, Intel Q6600. He currently has a 9500gt. Dell's support site says he can only upgrade to a 9800. I'm assuming this is just the power supply limitations. Can I upgrade the power supply in this Dell? I'm not sure if they have some different case standard or motherboard contraption to stop this...any suggestions/info/advice? :)

as long as the case and PSU are ATX then thats fine, the problem is the dimensions.
Dell have stupid cases, like chinese puzzle boxes to get into and half the dells in England open from the side panel on the right of the machine (in england the standard is from the left) so check the dimensions of the new card, it may not fit in the case

the 9500 and 800 are PCI-E as is the new card, dont see a problem there though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom