dell pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

lynxthechosen0

Solid State Member
i am thinking of buying a pc for under £500 and use it for average amount of gaming (not the top games). Here are the specs :

Processor - Amd athlon 64 x2 dual core processor 5600+
windows vista premium
2048mb 667mhz dual channel ddr2 sdram
320gb hard drive
256mb nvidia geforce 8600gt
16x DVD+/-RW & 16x dvd drive
dell enhanced usb multimedia keyboard
dell optical scroll premium mouse
dell a525 speakers with subwoofer

Is this build any good and can u recommend any other build i could use for around the same price and which retailer to buy from ?

cheers lynx

erm you won't get much help here for rigs that are prebuilt as custom built ends in much better prices and quality of components not to mention it is your pc you control everything on it none of the spyware preloaded by dell. We can help you with every issue resulting from software or hardware problems aswell so you don't have to worry about tech support

it is near impossible to break everyone has this weird fixation that computers are impossible to build... you have to plug in a bout 20 wires and they are all colour and shape cded so it is physically impossible to actually stick the wrong wire in the wrong hole, there is no soldering involved just simple plug and go connections and you need about 12 screws that are supplied with the case.

My gaming pc in my sig cost me £1780 overall after heavy modding the same pc but in a different case and with 1 year of the basic repair from dell was £3500 and my pc will easily beat that dell version as it is overclocked and made with better quality components

Holy crap salty, the pc in your sig cost 1800 (english units for money). Are things really that expensive over there, or did you just build it before prices came down?

I built in easter the 8800gts 320mb was brand new back then and the e6600 was top of the line stuff. It cost about £1650 with all the parts and then after modding the case and still looking for the new psu so my build isn't quite finished it will be £1800 or $3600 for you yanks lol.

Lynx we have ppl on the forums here who are 13 and building pc's that they sell for a profit on ebay lol once you know the different shapes and which end of a screwdriver to use you can build a pc

nobody is too young to build... i built my first system at 10 years old... in fact i'm still using it... and i'm 15 now...

back then it was a bit tougher... now its really easy... its all color coordinated and things go only one way... so use your common sense and you should be able to do it... heck a smart monkey could build it....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom