Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jchord

Beta member
oK i c an xps with a pentium 2.26ghz and a duo with 2x 2.26ghz isnt the xps suppose tobe a gaming system if yes then shouldnt the duo be in the gamming system? I m thinking the duo is better but i'm confused the xps is supose to be the premium system is the xps faster?

Too Sure of yourself chum....

Intel does have some edge over AMDs but most are blind to this fact. I back Intel but AMD does have quality stuff. The difference between intel and Amd arent that uneven 5-10% difference in some areas even then the difference is not noticed.

Amd has gone 64-bit whoopy doo Intel has matched that with there 32-bit processor all they have todo is change to 64-bit and it's settled the gap will be closed.

I want you too check this Article you can see some Intel+AMD's strengths and weakness http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1697,1860232,00.asp or this upto date one with a twenty percent lead over AMDhttp://www.hothardware.com/viewarticle.aspx?articleid=794&cid=1

But this hasnt answered my question what i was asking is what is the difference between Dells XPS & the 9700, also weather or not the dual core out performs the p4 M 750?

OK, first, I'd like to point out a few things before I answer your question:
Amd has gone 64-bit whoopy doo Intel has matched that with there 32-bit processor all they have todo is change to 64-bit and it's settled the gap will be closed.
But they didn't; they were almost two years behind AMD in releasing a similar platform. And if you knew the advantages of 64 bit over 32, you wouldn't make an uninformed statement like that.

By the way, I read those two articles. The first gives the crown to AMD by a good sized margin, especially in gaming, and the second compares an unreleased processor with something totally uncomparable. That's not fair.

Anyways, in gaming, the dual core would probably outperform the P4, just because it is more efficent.

macdude425 said:

By the way, I read those two articles. The first gives the crown to AMD by a good sized margin, especially in gaming, and the second compares an unreleased processor with something totally uncomparable. That's not fair.

BURN! BURN! SCORCHED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom