Dell Inspiron 530

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks....... so what do i need to do the install? just take the cpu out and plug it into the new mobo?

First, use Sysprep to set up your hard drive for the move... otherwise you will have to reinstall windows and probably lose your stuff. Go here for details, but you will have to use Search to find it in Vista.

Next, transfer everything from your current mobo tot he new one... CPU, RAM, whatever.

Install new mobo in your case. Hook up all the cables (data, power, whatever).

Boot Windows and let Sysprep finish its work.

Install the drivers for your new mobo.

Enjoy.

Someone else will have to field that one, as I don't use Intel and their pushpin setup.

Once you have the cooler released from the securing mechanism, twist it (if the retaining bracket allows) to help break the seal created by the thermal paste. Then lift the cooler off the CPU.

To release the CPU, lift the lever (the image is an old socket, but it will do for illustration) to release the socket's hold on it.

_ZIF.JPG

Be sure to clean the old thermal paste off of the CPU and cooler using alcohol and a lint-free cloth (I use a coffee filter and cotton swabs). Reapply new thermal paste before mounting the cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom