Dell Computer - Upgrading Graphics Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MADWAD

In Runtime
Is this possible? My brother just went out and bought a 7600GS for his Dell system. I installed the card on my own system and had no problems playing any of my games. He tells me that the card fits fine but when he boots up his computer he gets nothing but a black screen. I told him his powersupply could be the problem, could this be the reason? Any suggestions or information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Is his the same motherboard configuration as yours?

Was the old video card onboard?

He may need to boot up in safe mode and swap out drivers.

I have a Dell and I had the same problem. What you have to do is plug the monitor into the integrated graphics port and boot up the comp into windows. Once there go into display properties. Then, go over to settings. then click on the box that it labeled "2" and check the box that says extend my windows desktop onto this monitor. then click the box that says use this device as the primary monitor. Then click on the box that is labeled "1" and uncheck extend my windows... and click apply. now, unplug the monitor from the integrated port and plug it into the card's port. that should do it. you might have to restart, but I dont think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom