Decided to go Intel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

95BlackGA

Fully Optimized
After searching and searching. I've finally decided to go Intel. I will be getting a E2200 Allendale, since I am on a budget. I can always upgrade when I get more money. I'm wanting to find a motherboard that has good over clocking abilities, to aid in getting the E2200 faster. Would like to keep it under $130, but I'm not sure what Intel products go for these days.

Thanks! I chose the BIOSTAR TForce, because the reviewers have had a lot of success overclocking. It's the cheapest one stated, which is a plus, but seems like I won't be missing out on anything extraordinary. I've built up a list, of what I'm looking to get. I have a $600 budget, and this comes out to $613.34 after shipping, and rebates. I do know I could drop the BluRay drive, and get a better processor or something, but I would like the BluRay option, as this will most likely make it into my living room, and make itself a part of the entertainment setup. The only thing I'm not sure about is the graphics card. I do game some, but I don't play graphic intensive games. I play racing games/simulators, and older 'shoot 'em up' games. I'm positive the card is a bit overkill for the shooting games. I'm not sure if I should keep this, with anticipation for newer games, or save a few bucks, and go with a 'slimmed down' card? Any suggestion are welcome.

Newegg.com - Antec Three Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TForce TP45HP LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Newegg.com - Intel Pentium E5200 Wolfdale 2.5GHz 2MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

Newegg.com - Sunbeam CR-CCTF 120mm "Core Contact Freezer" CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

Newegg.com - OCZ Reaper HPC 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Newegg.com - HIS Hightech H483FN512P Radeon HD 4830 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST3500320AS 500GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

Newegg.com - SONY Black 2X Blu-ray DVD-ROM 8X DVD-ROM 24X CD-ROM SATA Internal 2X Blu-ray DVD ROM Model BR-5100S - Blu-Ray Drives

Newegg.com - Rosewill RP500-2 500W ATX12V v2.01 Power Supply - Power Supplies

Alright, I went ahead and chose the Rosewill RP500, because then I won't have to deal with rebates on the other. Thank you!

Are there any suggestions on other cases? Something that will allow for more cooling, but around the same price?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom