Decent office system fo $250-$300 range?

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, that is a POS package. Extremely old and crappy parts! Definitely look elsewhere.

If you know anywhere to get a better system for the price than the link in my most recent post please let me know. This isn't for a gaming system I don't want to spend $1500 on a surfing/MS Office PC.

that tigerdirect deal doesnt come with an OS either, so once you factor one into the total and including the monitor, thats right below $500 youve spent.

i still say the emachines pc i linked before is great deal. youre getting the tower, the monitor, and an OS for $330, and youll be able to web surf and work with MS office fine.

I agree with Muffin Man, the eMachines PC he suggested is going to be your best bet here. Monitor, OS, you'll have trouble finding something better.

that tigerdirect deal doesnt come with an OS either, so once you factor one into the total and including the monitor, thats right below $500 youve spent.

i still say the emachines pc i linked before is great deal. youre getting the tower, the monitor, and an OS for $330, and youll be able to web surf and work with MS office fine.

I see what you mean but I have a OS license I can thor on it so no OS isn't a big deal for me.

Haha that makes no sense. There is a only a $30 difference between the two and even if the tigerdirect one included a monitor, keyboard and mouse (as the newegg one does) the newegg one would still be better.

Is it? The drive is a lot bigger on the tiger PC, Egg PC has 1 GB more RAM, Tiger has better video card, I'm not completely sure about the CPU's but the Pentium D seems decent compared the the AMD.

In this case the emachines has a better processor, 1 gig more ram, a monitor, keyboard/mouse, and Vista Home Premium OS. The 9500GT is NOTHING to scream about and you can buy it for $50 at newegg if you wanted to throw it in.

The tigerdirect one doesn't come with an OS, add an additional $110 for that.

But it's really your choice, if you feel more comfortable with the tigerdirect one then by all means go for it, and vise versa :)

The AMD on the eMachines will greatly outperform the Pentium D from tigerdirect. And since you said this isn't a gaming machine, that 9500gt shouldn't really be a factor in your decision, especially since you can get it for quite cheap like james said. For $50 you can get a 4650 which is much more powerful than a 9500gt. This should be a no-brainer :p. Unless of course you want the pleasure of building it yourself, you can come up with a pretty decent build for $300, but it won't include a monitor or OS.

Technically, you are required to buy a new OS license. The OEM license is limited to one machine.

However, they'd never know if you broke the rule. Up to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom