Decent comp for MMO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeSomebody369

Beta member
Hello everyone,

This is my first time ordering a PC and I'm not to knowledgeable about most parts I have just been going off of advice from others. I play WoW on a laptop and get about 2-10 FPS throughout the entire game on the lowest settings possible. I'm on a pretty tight budget and was wondering how this would run for around $620 shipped. I was hoping this would get me around 30-40 FPS on medium settings with the new expansion coming out

1 x Case NZXT Guardian 921 RB Gaming Case - Black w/ Blue Light

1 x Processor AMD Athlonâ„¢ II X2 250 Dual-Core CPU

1 x Processor Cooling Liquid CPU Cooling System [AMD] - [Free Upgrade] Standard 120mm Fan

1 x Memory 4 GB [2 GB X2] DDR3-1600 Memory Module - Corsair or Major Brand

1 x Video Card ATI Radeon HD 5570 - 1GB - Single Card
1 x Video Card Brand Major Brand Powered by ATI or NVIDIA

1 x Motherboard Gigabyte GA-770T-USB3 -- AMD 770

1 x Motherboard USB / SATA Interface Motherboard default USB / SATA Interface

1 x Power Supply 700 Watt -- Standard

1 x Primary Hard Drive 640 GB HARD DRIVE -- 64M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s - Single Drive

1 x Optical Drive 24X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive - Black

1 x Sound Card 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard

1 x Network Card Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)

1 x Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium + Office Starter 2010 (Includes basic versions of Word and Excel) - 64-Bit

Thanks for the advice and thanks for your time reading this post.

if you want to game, you'd want to focus a bit more on the gfx card. a 5570 is a pretty low end card.

have you considered building your own? when you have a tight budget and you're trying to get the most for your money, building is almost always the better route to take.

Hey muffin man thanks! I actually changed the processor to Phenom x4 945 quad core processor and kept everything else. I'm ordering the radeon hd 5850 vid card after my comp comes in. I stuck with the 5570 in my order because they wanted an extra $310 for the 5850 and I believe when I checked on newegg they had it for $260? if im not mistaken.

Why don't you just order it all off newegg and save yourself some money?

Well when I pick the parts from newegg it always comes out to over $1000. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't mind spending that much for a comp if I was able to. I mean I don't mind what I did I just got the list of parts they put in my pc they finished building it.

They upgrading the processor for me for some odd reasons idk why. maybe because they gave me a crappy video card brand.

Processor - AMD Phenom II x4 955 quadcore
Ram - 2x Corsair 2gb DDR3-1600
MB - Gigabyte GA-770T-USB3
Hard Drive - Western Digital 640GB 64MB Sata-3
PSU - Xion 700W Power Supply (never heard of the brand prob crap right?)
Vid Card - Powercolor HD5570 1GB Video card (changing it out with a 5850 from newegg. anyways)
OS - Windows 7 home premium
Accessories - just a plain Mouse + keyboard and a NZXT Guardian 921 Case
Cooling - Liquid Cooling
Asus 8x Blu-ray combo w/ lightscribe

Total - $705 after shipping.

I realize I could have put a much better comp together with parts from neweggs but just couldn't afford it right now plus I'm only paying half because its a xmas gift (half of it anyways lol ;) )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom