dead laptop (recycle parts?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

morbital

Beta member
my laptop died yesterday (my birthday, what are the chances eh)
now i have no desrie to get it fixed or anything. i just want to get what i can out of it before i pull an office space beat down on it. ive read about using a laptop HD on a pc via usb and special case. (is there another option?)

Is there a way to recycle the laptop ram? its 256mb ddr 333mhz, i dont know how many pins it is, except to tell you its small, deff not like the ram in my desktop pcs.

also the broadcom WLAN i salvaged from it, is there a way to use that on a desktop pc?

any help would be greatly appreciated :)

You could save the CPU, the RAM, the HD... The rest, keyboard, chassis, especially the LCD screen you can sell on eBay, people are always looking for replacement parts.

The new PS3 uses Laptop HDD's. If you are planning to get a PS3 then you could use it like that.

ps3 can burn in ****, wii all the way!
hehe

yea i found a external enclosure that has IEEE 1394 and USB 2.0,
i have firewire on my new comp so i can connect it that way (higher transfer speeds) then carry it around and use the usb if need be.

any ideas on if i can use the ram somehow?

morbital said:
ps3 can burn in ****, wii all the way!
hehe

yea i found a external enclosure that has IEEE 1394 and USB 2.0,
i have firewire on my new comp so i can connect it that way (higher transfer speeds) then carry it around and use the usb if need be.

any ideas on if i can use the ram somehow?

Wii have **** graphics and who want to play Cod3 by moving you hands. I mean come on.

gmanych said:
Wii have **** graphics and who want to play Cod3 by moving you hands. I mean come on.

well for one thing i wouldnt get shot over a PS3 and i'm not dumping $600 on one

but anyway yea using the HD as a portable is a great idea, i done it myself untill i fried the HD :(

You could keep the CPU as a little trophy :D and sell everything else on ebay oh and the optical might come in handy if you're into modding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom