dead computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bozzobrain

Solid State Member
ok so i buy parts for a new computer and put everything together as one should and wow it doesnt boot how surprising. so i go back through checking the psu and the connections and everything that i could think of and i was looking over it and realize that wow i ordered somthing wrong. my processor is an amd athlon 2800 which yeah slow but efficient but then my mb is a sempron supported now i dont konw if this would be causing my computer to not boot but yeah if someone could let me no what is going on i would appreciate it. oh yeah the whole boot thing is i hook up the psu and push the power switch the cpu fan looks like someone touched two of the power wires together it just starts to move and coasts to a stop no beeps or anything ? is it the power supply?

In my experience, this means one of two things:
1. Your PSU is shot. This happened to my dad's a while back, and we had to get a new one.
2. Your proc is shot. I've tried to boot on a dead proc before, and it did just that.

Are any of your parts used?

ok my psu is a generic brand i guess i dont really no but it is 400w and the rest

512 ram
Athlon 2800+
Mobo is sempro made but its VIA km26 pro the model i think M825g
XGI voltari 128 meg video card
i thnk thats it but yeah if anything else idk

make sure the jp2 jumper (cmos) is on pins 2/3, not 1/2. i had the same problem, switched the jumper, and it booted fine. and the athlon 2800+ is not a slow proccesor.

yeah the jumper i have been playing with that its fine but i guess i will try using a different psu and see

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom