Ddr2 memory help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdelgado

Solid State Member
So i'm thinking of upgrading the memory on my computer it currently has.
Chipset: Intel® 945G
Memory: 512MB DDR2 dual-channel capable (1 × 512MB), 533MHz (PC4200)
Expandable to 2GB

I was thinking of buying 2x1gb sticks but i dont know if it makes a difference if its pc4200 or something different any help? THanks.

Yes it matters. That is the speed that the RAM interacts with the motherboard. The memory operates at a much higher speed than the system chip delivers, but that's because the memory is designed to do so. And your system wants to see the PC4200 memory configuration.You would have conflicts if you used something other than PC4200.

So i'm thinking of upgrading the memory on my computer it currently has.
Chipset: Intel® 945G
Memory: 512MB DDR2 dual-channel capable (1 × 512MB), 533MHz (PC4200)
Expandable to 2GB

I was thinking of buying 2x1gb sticks but i dont know if it makes a difference if its pc4200 or something different any help? THanks.

I'm assuming this is a company built PC correct IE Dell, HP, eMachines?

You must use the exact same kinda memory that you originally have in your PC currently so you need a 533Mhz (pc4200) stick of ram. you should keep it even and just use another 512mb stick so wacky things don't happen. If you have questions just post em up :D

BTW Welcome to tech forums!! The best place on the internet for your tech needs.

Yes this is a company built pc its a emachines w3609 i was thinking of building one from scratch but i dont know much about it. I'm familiar with everything that is in a computer but i dont really understand what is compatible with what. I guess ill leave that for another day. Would it be ok if i bought 2 of the same memory sticks each 1gb ddr2 pc4200 or do you think that would still make my system act a bit funny to it? Thank for the welcome and for the help.

It would be ok to buy the two 1-GB sticks, as long as they are both 533MHz PC4200 sticks. It will work fine.

It would be ok to buy the two 1-GB sticks, as long as they are both 533MHz PC4200 sticks. It will work fine.

agreed.

oh and don't be afraid to ask about building your own PC when you feel like your comfortable attempting it. We'll be here for ya :D come up with some questions and ask away its what we're here for and what we love doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom