ddr2/ddr3

Status
Not open for further replies.

edster

Baseband Member
Hi All,

i need to buy a new pc as mine has just died.

i've seen two that i'm interested in one has

Desktop PC, Core 2 Quad Q9550, 8GB DDR2, 750GB SATA HDD, DVDRW, 512MB DDR3 HD4870 Graphics Cards, Vista Home Premium

the other one

Desktop PC, Core i7-920, 3GB DDR3 Triple Channel Ram, 750GB SATA HDD, DVDRW, 512MB DDR3 GTS250 Graphics, Vista Home Premium 64Bit

i know the second one has a higher spec but i'm wondering is 8gb ddr2 ram better than 3gb ddr3 ram.

computer will be used mainly for photoshop work and general pc use.i don't play games.

any advice would be great.

cheers edster

Best advice I can give would be to build your own i7 rig, with 6GB of RAM. There's probably no better way to run PS :)

thanks guys for the replys.

i built my last two computers myself,

i don't want to spend any more than £8oo if i can help it,
but i not to sure if i can build a i7 rig for that sort of money?

if its possible any suggestions on which components to buy would be a grat help,

i don't need a monitor,dvd rw,mouse,keyboard.

i do need to buy an operqating system as i run xp at the moment.

thanks edster

An i7 build is unlikely, but possible if gaming isn't an issue as you mentioned in your opening post (seeing as a good graphics card won't be a priority).

I'll throw a build together on Scan.co.uk for you to see if it's possible (gimme ten minutes).

Will you need any hard drives?

yes i will need at least 1tb.

thanks edster

Surprisingly, I managed to pull together a pretty good i7 build for you. If you're happy with that, I'll give you the links if you want:
edsterscan.png

I hope you're happy with the price.
The i7 can use stock cooling, I doubt you'll be wanting to overclock?
I would like to point out that there's actually enough room in the budget there for me to throw in a small SSD, if you like; it would be very beneficial to performance (moreso than any other upgrade). With the the total comes to £803.

thanks yamikotai,

that sounds good,

if you could give me the links that would be great.

thanks edster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom