Crossfiring video cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

ledzeppie

Beta member
So I just bought a Certified Data desktop today for a really good deal, and was wondering if I am able to crossfire the video card that came with it (ati Radeon HD 3400) with a new one such as the HD 4670.

Also I'm kind of wondering if it's crossfired right now. I'm confused because it only has 1 video card in the motherboard, but it catalyst control says that crossfire is enabled. Also when i go to the list of videocards in the crossfire tab of catalyst control, there is only 1 option (the 3400 video card that comes with the computer). And heres the part that really gets me, when i go to device manager, it says under display adapters, that there are 2 video cards that are functioning properly and enabled, the ati 3400 and the 3200 (the 3200 is built into the motherboard I think).

So are those 2 crossfired? It only gives me 1 option, but it says that it's enabled...Also would I be able to buy a hd 4670 , plug it in and crossfire it with the one I have now?

Ok thanks.

I read that crossfire only works as fast as your slowest video card. Well I have a 3400 and a 3200, should I turn off crossfire to take advantage of the 3400s extra speed, or is crossfiring still faster?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom