Crossfire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da Viksta

Ninja Stargate Addict
Hey guys

I currently have a 5850 on my computer, and I found a 5830 going for very cheap and wanted to treat myself (hard working student and all that...) so I was considering buying the 5830 to give my valiant workhorse a little extra kick so it'll last me longer... Just a few questions though:

1) I will be able to use CrossfireX on an X48 motherboard right? I can't see there being a problem with it but meh....
2) how many crossfire cables will I need? The one that came with my 5850 was involved in an unfortunate... mishap... with the vacuum cleaner, so I will only have the one that comes with the new card, so do I need to invest in another or not for CF?

Cheers!
Vik

CrossFireX should work just fine with the X48.

You only need a single CrossFireX Bridge Connection cable.

Unfortunately the mishap caused the destruction of the cable rather than the loss of the cable. Digging into the cleaner I can do, repairing a broken cable I can't....

Cheers for the help guys. What kind of gain can I look to expect from an additional 5830?

It will be a mixed performance boost, depending on what game you are playing.

Some games scale alot better than others and some games dont take advantage of the second card at all, while other games provide a very nice performance increase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom