cpu upgrade ?

Yup, and I missed it. Didn't hop on the Intel train until I got an e7200 that fried in a minute. I did have a screaming E8400 though.

My e6750 is still chugging nicely along at 3.54, OC'd from 2.66.

The e8400/e8500's were great chips too - could easily hit 4+ on air.

According to HP it shouldn't work since they don't have *50 on there.
that is interesting. i would not have thought the ** in 68** meant any specific number. i took it as meaning any number in the 6800-6899 range.

that is interesting. i would not have thought the ** in 68** meant any specific number. i took it as meaning any number in the 6800-6899 range.
ASUS P5LP-LE - Core Duo compatible?

Doing some more reading, it sounds like it depends on which version of the board you have - 1066MHz FSB vs 1333MHz FSB.

Looks like your board is 1066MHz according to the link posted earlier to the mobo.

If it were the 1333MHz then there's a -chance- it could work...depends if the BIOS would support the 6850 chip is all.

is that with the stock heat sink /cooler, or with an imporved aftermarket cooler?

With an aftermarket cooler.

Last edited:
According to HP it shouldn't work since they don't have *50 on there.

Motherboard Specifications, P5LP-LE (Leonite) | HP® Support

See my previous post. It says E6*00 which would mean E6300, E6600, E6700, you get the picture.

Mine did 4.2 under my TRUE120 Black with 2 Scythe Kaze Ultras on full blast. Ran RAM at 1250 (DDR2) as well. Golden chip I'd say.

is that with the stock heat sink /cooler, or with an imporved aftermarket cooler?
See previous post.

ASUS P5LP-LE - Core Duo compatible?

Doing some more reading, it sounds like it depends on which version of the board you have - 1066MHz FSB vs 1333MHz FSB.

Looks like your board is 1066MHz according to the link posted earlier to the mobo.

If it were the 1333MHz then there's a -chance- it could work...depends if the BIOS would support the 6850 chip is all.

With an aftermarket cooler.
See my post which directly states processor upgrade information from HP.

Back
Top Bottom