CPU Upgrade?

Rook72

Beta member
Hey guys, Ive got a Gateway gt56522. It has the stock mother board with a 945g chipset. my bios is by American Megatrends. I have about $70 For a new CPU. What would yall suggest that would Be a good choice for me? I have a 500watt PSU as well as a Geforce 8800gt.

well, considering that gateway gt56533 is a googlewhack of sorts if you exclude the 2 results that direct to this post, i think you might have to be more specific on what you have for a computer.

it's my understanding that upgrading some of these pre builts is a real nightmare.

regardless, it would be hard to see very much for upgrades on a chipset that old. perhaps of the mobo supported the core 2 duo's.

Would it be a better idea to save for a new mobo then look in to a new cpu at the same time? If so what would some decent mobos be?

Well since we can't exactly Google what your computer is, we can't tell you what will fit in the case. You would be lucky if it wasn't proprietary nonsense these people like to use. If you can snap some shots of the computer in question it would make things easier.

Would it be a better idea to save for a new mobo then look in to a new cpu at the same time? If so what would some decent mobos be?

honestly, you would be much better served with a whole new system. a cheap amd system of ~$500 or less even would be 10x better than what you currently have. if not, some more research in exactly what you have and if possible, a core 2 duo chip of some sort.

Back
Top Bottom