cpu`s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menace2

Solid State Member
hi im just wondering which one of these 2 cpu`s is the better for gaming on a budget :)Intel Core 2 DUO E6300 "LGA775 Allendale" 1.86GHz (1066FSB)....or this Intel Pentium® 4 D 925 Dual core 2x3.0GHz 800FSB LGA775 2x2MB there both reasonable priced, and also can u tell me if these 2 would fit in the same mother board and what to look out for when deciding on buying a mobo:) oh and also with the latest crop of ram running at more than my DDR3200 would i be able to put that in too the new mobo or will i have to buy new thx in advance :eek:

i woulds say that the core 2 duo would be better. i think that the conroe fits in the intel 965 and above mobos.

i will post later on the mobo and ram. and welcome to TF

I'd recommend going with the Core 2 Duo. Have a look at these CPU charts:
http://www23.tomshardware.com/cpu.html?modelx=33&model1=433&model2=436&chart=188

They did not have a 6300 in the charts, so I chose a 6400 and a better P4 to compare.

They are both skt775, so you could potentially use the same mobo. You will also not be buying DDR, but DDR2 instead.

You might also want to search the forums for Conroe or Core 2 Duo to find other tips for building such a pc.

wow that was fast just how i like it,but plz keep the info coming because im all inexperianced at this thx :)

oh and would i be able to use my old ddr3200 or would i have to buy new and if so where and what would u suggest with the cheapest in mind,plz?.oh and just wondering can i source parts from the US and would the still work in sunny old blighty^^(england)ty:)

yea,think ive been looking on this web and toms and a few others most of the day.ok,so would these bits be compatable

Asrock Conroe945G-DVI (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard (MB-004-AK)
Intel Core 2 DUO E6300 "LGA775 Allendale" 1.86GHz (1066FSB)

GeIL 1GB (2x512MB) PC6400C4 800MHz Ultra Low Latency DDR2 Dual Channel
all up for £260
can any1 see any problems that il run in too,its not the first time ive build`t a comp but it is the first time that ive hand picked parts for my self thx:)

hmmm after putting this set up^^ ive found that the mobo need to be VRM 11 compliant CPU voltage regulator circuitry and maybe the ram to be lacking in size:s.and at the time of the artical that i was reading there was only 2 mobo that could had this feature,(ASUS P5W DH Deluxe)i wasnt going to go crossfire or SLI,but it might be a way to make it future proof aswell as being able to take the new quad core cpu due out in 2007,but the fsb is a little low for the duo core set of processers and at £158 plus tax alittle expensive.
is there any way of knowing which motherboard is able to take the latest crop of processers
i think it needs to be 775 socket but theres another 775 socket that is only single core (plz tell me if im wrong)and if i get the wrong motherboard then only 1 core will work

has anyone had any dealings with this motherboard?
can anyone suggest a similiar board with a lower price (or maybe SLi increased, i know its not needed but its the way of the future.)

Or maybe a different ram set up, that was the cheapest ram with 800 Mhz i could find, would it still bottle-neck the computer, limiting it to 800 mhz instead of the full 1066 fsb what the processor has?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom