CPU Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

turlisk

Beta member
Hey guys i've got a simple question and i feel bad cause i didn't do a search but i'm at work and don't really have time to search.

i'm looking at building a new pc, my motherboard supports ddr3 1333, now my question is does my CPU FSB have to be 1333 as well to support that ram?

thanks in advance for letting me know this.

You don't need a 1:1 ratio most people get (pc2-6400) 800mhz ram as its the best performance/ price range and is more then fast enough for the home enthusiast user. If those benchmark score help you gain inches on your genitalia then get 1066mhz (pc2-8500) ram notice its still DDR2. There is NO point (imo) getting DDR3 RAM atm as a home user which is what your implying. 1333mhz ram is at the lower end of the DDR3 spectrum so is often superceeded in ability by expensive (but cheaper then DDR3) DDR2 sets, due to the DDR2 sticks having better CAS-latencies therefore being better for overclocking which is the whole reason why you get faster then PC2-5400 ram for overclocking and stability.

i'm looking at building a new pc, my motherboard supports ddr3 1333, now my question is does my CPU FSB have to be 1333 as well to support that ram?

simple answer no.

ur motherboard will just set a ram:fsb divider ratio its fine. but i still wouldnt get ddr3 1333, ive seen ddr2 1066 outperform it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom