CPU Problms - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Closed Thread
Old 09-01-2007, 06:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default CPU Problms

I just installed a new CPU in my older Gateway machine and it wont boot up now. I went from a Slot 1 Pentium II 400/512/100/1.3V to a Slot 370 700/256/100/1.65V and it boots up alright until it gets about halfway done loading the little Gateway welcome screen and then it just stops and doesnt respond. Ive also tried two other Pentium II 500 Mhz models in this machine and it does the same thing. Im thinking that its got something to do with the BIOS, but everytime I go to enter setup it just locks up the same way it did before. Im not sure what the issue is. I got a converter board to convert my Slot 1 to Slot 370 and I made sure the power supply and bus speed were correct but it still just wont go farther than halfway. It recognizes how much RAM I have installed, and that there is a mouse and keyboard. But it seems as soon as it detects the floppy drive thats when it stops... Meh!
Closed Thread