CPU problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranthony

Beta member
Hey

I have had my compaq presario R3479EA for under a year and untill now its been fine (exept for the HD being totaled in the first week). Rentley i have been getting problems with what i believe to be the cause of a screwed CPU.

The computer will turn on and function perfectly and then when either burning cd's, gaming, downloading etc...it turns itself off without warning.

I have spoke to HP and they reckon its a problem with either the CPU or memory

Does anyone have a clue on how to fix this without me sendning off my comp?

this could also be from overheating...
what are your temps? download hardware monitor, speedfan, everest home edition, or go into your BIOS

if it's a heat related issue, remove the side panel and blow the dust out with some of that "canned air". pay close attention to the heat sink on the cpu. Also clean the fans and check them for proper function.....

Another possibility is spyware/adware. run spy bot/ adaware SE to clean up that stuff. And do a full system scan with your antivirus. (all these programs should be updated before you scan.)

good luck.......... :)

a good idea must be to brush the dust off your RAM also, but it does sound more like an overheating issue. Whens the last time you had some thermal paste on it??

darkninja said:
Whens the last time you had some thermal paste on it??

Probably never... it's a Compaq. Also, if you decide to take off your side panel, make sure you're not voiding the warranty by doing so... if you have a warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom