CPU help

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i downloaded a updated bio. but i still have a site telling me its still old. i downloaded the one off the site they wanted 30$ for it. ill try to see if that helps. oh i did try to reinstall the cpu with the new bios but still no so ill wait to see that this site gives me. thanks for your help. any more ideas would be great. i just dont get it the two cpus about just about the same wth.

Try clearing your BIOS. It will either be by jumper (check your documentation), or just unplug your computer, remove the battery from the mobo, push your start button to discharge any electricity, pop the batter back in, plug it up and away you go. If you go the battery route, reinstall the new CPU before you power back up.

thanks trotter ill give it a try. if nothing works would you suggest getting a new mobo? i just dont know what to do.

still no luck. when i install the new cpu and i plug in the power it turns on b4 i hit the start button. and its just a black screen.

Put your old CPU back in and see if you can get it working, if so then

1. Your motherboard doesn't support the cpu that you bought (most likely) or

2. The CPU you bought is faulty

ok well i found the dell forum for some help. i can only go up to a E6700 duo and a Q6700 quad. my bios only support that so i quess ill go with a quad core :D

ok well i found the dell forum for some help. i can only go up to a E6700 duo and a Q6700 quad. my bios only support that so i quess ill go with a quad core :D

It seems that you motherboard only supports 65nm Core 2 processors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom