CPU Heatsinks and PSUs!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merkwürdigeliebe

Benevolent Cake Despot
For my budget, I've been considering either the Scythe Ninja or Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro, however, my preferred online retailer only has the latter and it's also much cheaper, so I'd lean more towards that.

Then again, I was browsing their heatsink page and came across the Cooler Master Hyper TX X2 heatsink and with MIR it comes to $6.99!!! It looks to be within the same class as the Ninja and Freezer 7 Pro, but is it any good? I only found one review when Googling... edit: k wait, I've found some reviews under "Cooler Master Hyper TX" but not "Cooler Master Hyper TX X2" they're probably the same thing

Here's the link: Canada Computers - Cooling > CPU Cooling : Cooler Master Hyper TX X2 3 Heat Pipes, Copper Base (RR-CCH-L9U1-GP) for Socket AM2/754/ & LGA775.

I was also considering the Cooler Master GeminII, but does it come with two stock 120mm fans or do I have to buy them separately?

Now I've also been deciding on a new PSU as well. I really want to get the 520HX and I'm pressed on getting a modular power supply. I've been looking at the 620HX, but is the extra 100W really that necessary? The most I'm probably ever going to use it for is a Q6600 (OCd), 8800GT/2900PRO (OCd), one optical drive and one hard drive, 3 case fans and whatever heatsink I decide on from the top.

I'm not sure about Cooler Master heatsink, but with a Q6600, you should really consider a Tuniq, especially since you're looking to overclock.

The Gemini II doesn't come with any fans, from what I see.

The 520HX can handle your system, with ease. Even with added extras.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom