CPU... Heatsink... no termal paste??

Status
Not open for further replies.
It had rubber thermal pad underneath... I just wasn't sure if its ack like thermalpaste.. so

When I put all together tempeture were pretty good.

PZEROFGH said:
Some heatsinks ship with thermal paste i hope you know :)
I was talking about the stock ones that the CPU comes with

My amd came with a pad of thermal paste stuck right on the CPU out of the Retail Box
I think you mean a thermal pad. ;) If it was thermal paste then you'd have to clean it off and apply new thermal paste before installing the CPU.

Umm yea ... I know that if you bought a retail processor from AMD or Intel ... it has to have thermal paste on it. It may not look like "paste", it's a VERY thin layer (typically grey colored) on AMD's, and it's obviously on the square-shaped area where it comes in contact with the CPU.

But AS5 is better then any stock stuff (I wonder why AMD or Intel just hasn't started using AS5? It's cheap and obviously does the job a lot better)

I think you mean a thermal pad. If it was thermal paste then you'd have to clean it off and apply new thermal paste before installing the CPU.
considering i'm pretty sure AMD haven't used thermal pads since the athlon XP days i would be willing to bet money that it is thermal paste. its called shin-etsu and it is indeed a thermal paste applied in a square. if it were a true thermal pad (paraffin wax based) you would sure know about it because despite the difficulty some people have removing stock HSF's as it is it would be a heck of a lot harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom