CPU Etc running temp too high

Status
Not open for further replies.

IF06

In Runtime
I'm always checking on the temperature of evertyhing in my computer and they all seem way too high, but not high enough for any damage to really occur just enough to prevent from overclocking.

I don't get it, it's a preinstalled system but the thing is, there's two decent size heat sinks with one with a nice big fan on top of it...there's two output fans as well...and if you're considering the fan/heatsink on the graphics board, it has a cover to force the heat towards the rear out of the computer.

I shouldn't be having temperatures of around 60o even at idle, at least not for my cpu because I've heard it should just be running at around 30 - 40o

My old computer use to run at 55c idle, i updated the bios, then it idled at 42c from then on

How do I update my bio?

That might do something, and when I do update my bio...is there a risk of losing anything such as settings and such?

There is a risk of blowin the whole comp but thats only if you really screw up.

You will need a floppy drive or a flash drive, then just look for the bios ment for your mobo then follow the instructions,

you cant really screw it up unless you turn the pc off in the middle of updating.

**edit**

If your psu isnt strong enough, it can cause the system to over heat. Happened to me a awhile back

Can someone find information on the D915GRO, it's a product not listed on the Intel site even if it's part of the D915 series.

Although, that could also mean there is no BIOS update for it? >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom