CPU Cooler?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Abunch of people have had it... Slaymate just did a test/review showing the Noctua nh-14 as better than a corsair water loop, but its 90 bucks.

Be very midful of your case size, and google up to see if your choices fit.

And slay beated me

If you've got a big case and your ram set isn't one of those ones with the big spiky heat spreaders on them, go with the Noctua NH-D14. If you've got a biggish case, but your ram is very tall, go with the U12P SE2. I've owned both of them, both of them work pretty **** great. The fans are also so quiet that you nearly can't hear them.

If you've got a big case and your ram set isn't one of those ones with the big spiky heat spreaders on them, go with the Noctua NH-D14. If you've got a biggish case, but your ram is very tall, go with the U12P SE2. I've owned both of them, both of them work pretty **** great. The fans are also so quiet that you nearly can't hear them.

I have the NH-D14 and it is a great cooler. Just make sure you have a case big enough to hold it. I have an Antec 1200 and it is just barely deep enough. But the NH-D14 is a little out of his budget.

Is there any crucial advantage to having the NH-D14 over the the NH-U12P?
Just curious because its a bit of a stretch on my price range. I'd like to know what I would be missing out on if I opt for the NH-U12P.

Thanks for all the help. :big_smile:

Not crucial, no. You'll still be able to get a very nice OC with the U12P, 4Ghz will be easily doable. You might be able to run at 4.2Ghz 24/7 as well, depending on how hot it gets during spring/summer for you. The D-14 allows for more extreme OCs, and would definitely let you run 4.2Ghz all the time, but the increase from 4Ghz to 4.2Ghz won't give you much extra performance TBH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom