CPU Confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxcouch

Baseband Member
hi. I am concidering taking my dell dimension 3000 and buying a new case/mobo for it since the dimensions werent all that upgradable as is (basically with playing games, i'm tired of the PCI graphx card cus the mobo doesnt have a agp or PCI express slot)

normally i wouldnt have any problem doing so as i've rebuilt a few computers already and have been able to identify hardware in the past but then I came across the CPU in the current mation and I am at a loss when it came to the CPU in the current machine.

as far as I understand its a Pentium4 Presscott 2.8GHz 1M 533fbs E0. The E0 is throwing me for a loop and when i try gathering info on the processor i get different socket types. any clarification please?

You may also want to look for a new PSU, or get a case that has a good PSU with it. The PSU in your system won't be able to handle a decent graphics card.

If you are running with less than 512MB of RAM, you may also want to grab some while you are at it... especially if you plan to game.

right now what i have in it is

2.8ghz P4
778MB PC2700 Ram (had 1GB at one point but when i built my other comp it was lacking ram so i put the 256 from that into this and put the other 512 in that comp)
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500 PCI graphix

I was definately getting a new case that was for sure. I know the one that my opther computer is in has a 480W ps but i dont really feel like dismantling that comp since its the one i use for at school/work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom