Couple of questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoad

Daemon Poster
Howdi, im new around here [Got here via Google ^_^]

I have a couple of questions as my Subject specifys..

A. I was wondering, I just bought a new CPU Cooler [Gigabyte GH-PCU22-VG Rockeet] and in his specs it says "Bearing - 2 Ball Bearing" my question is of course, what does this Bearing means?

B. Another thing, I wanted to know how can I tell if my P4 is a Prescott [or if it isn't, which model is it?] Specs of my CPU: Pentium 4 3.0 GHz with Hyper-Threading Technology in it...[thats all I know about it though, lol]

C. One last thing... I've downloaded the program SpeedFan 4.28 now I was wondering which temp is my CPU of course, and if it measures my Video card temp [which i don't think it does], picture of it is Attached... and don't go "OMG His idle temp sucks!!!" Because this is my temps before installing my new CPU fan[currently working with a broken Intel stock fan.. will install the gigabyte tomorrow lol]

And maybe if you guys know a better program to see my PC temps?

Thanks for advance!

-Jo / Yoad.

seems it didn't attach it, and I can't find the Edit button :S

Attachments

• temps.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 49
A. Ball bearing is the type of motor used to spin the fan

B. You can download CPU Z (just put in google) to find out if its a prescott (90nm)

thanks, it appears i do have a prescott, and that explains the quick overheating... lol

anyway, anyone knows the answer for C? XD

well I dont know whats a dual core CPU but i don't think so, it was just on idle with 0% CPU Usage when I took that picture lol... and I just installed my new Gigabyte, ****! 10 degrees lower, and thats on 2800 RPM out of 4000!!! im happy with it

Dual core is a Pentium D. It has 2 CPU's on one physical chip. Wait wait, your have hyper-threading ok then nevermind. That's why in the speedfan pic it shows cpu activity for 2 cpu's. That's very good that your CPU dropped 10*C but check the full load temperatures by using prime95, just to make sure your safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom