Couple Motherboard CPU Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tisoraku

In Runtime
Appears since building my system last year I'm not as up to date as I would like to be, been looking over new egg for the last day and I find to best to get some opinions here. I'm building another system for family on a budget of around $600.00, with that sad, what would be the best current combo motherboard/for Intel AMD, I never looked into Intel much last time.

I keep reading about AMD 6000+ being bad, what was wrong with it?
(I searched for it)

Thinking about going with Intel on this build, reviews are always so mixed on mother boards, there are great reviews on CPU's.

Thanks a lot.

Does the $600 include monitor, keyboard, mouse, or OS? Or can $600 be spent on the tower? You can build a fairly nice tower for $600, especially since I assume you won't need to spend too much on the graphics card (you could use integrated graphics, and that saves you money).

Does the $600 include monitor, keyboard, mouse, or OS? Or can $600 be spent on the tower? You can build a fairly nice tower for $600, especially since I assume you won't need to spend too much on the graphics card (you could use integrated graphics, and that saves you money).

Already have a monitor, keyboard, mouse, OS and speakers, I found out they only want to play games like Sims 2 for now, integrated sounds like it would work.

You might want to throw in a 7600gt or a 3450/3650 if they step up to any different games or the monitor resolution is 1440x900 or over.

You could also change the cpu to a E5200 and get a cheap Antec Earthwatts 380W power supply which are great.

Thanks everyone.

One more side question, If the 6000+ is not good, what would be the current best upgrade from a AMD duel core 3600+?

I would say something like a 5***+ (5000BE).

But really Intel has the performance atm and you can't really go wrong with them. They are also really cheap and have low voltages.

I hear that is a really good one, now I'm thinking about giving most of this system to them and building a new system with about $700 or so dollars, will most likely go with intel.

I made another topic abut building a new system, if that does not work out, then I will upgrade my CPU, I still have not tried overclocking yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom