Could use some help - having some problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilmer

Beta member
Hey there.

New to these forums.. so I hope to get some much needed help.

I recently am having problems with my desktop computer...

its a intel pentium D 3.0 ghz.. with 2gigs of ram.. an ati x700 for the video card.. and my motherboard is an ASUS P5LD2.

I play counterstrike source competitively.. and have been playing on this machine for quite some time.
About a week and a half ago.. for some reason I suffered horrible FPS drops. I used to get around 75-99 FPS on regular maps, and about 50-70 for the more detailed maps... now I have no more than 40.. and I am dropping down below 20 and sometimes even 10 during firefights or when a lot is going on (smokes, grenades etc)

I was wondering what the problem could be?

I have all my drivers updated.. I even just did a fresh reformat on my computer (i did that after defragging and cleaning up my comp didnt work) and im still experiencing the same problem

please let me know if you can help!
thanks.

Welcome to the forums mate.

Well, if you reformatted then it suggests it might be a hardware issue. Try taking out the graphics card and re-setting it. Check that it isnt overheating also, and check that all your fans are on, and that there is no dust clogging them up.

Are you getting any artifacts? Like weird objects appearing in game?

Also, try download Driver Cleaner - then uninstal the drivers, clean out any reminants under safe mode, and re-instal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom