Correct PSU Size?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeckler1981

Baseband Member
Ok i just bought a New Sealed Ultra V-Series 500W PSU off of ebay that arrived DOA and am looking to replace it while i wait for the reciept from the seller so i can warranty it.

According to my rig below what would be an adaquate size PSU to run?

Also i should let you know that I am also running 5 case fans in this system right now of course i can cancel out 2 of them for now.

I'm trying to keep this in the $30-$40 range if possible and would prefer something that i could pick up from a local retailer so that I can just take it back to the store if I have a problem from the get go.

Also no PCI-E connector needed

Also just so you have an idea of what happened here is a post I put in the troubleshooting forum and maybe you guys could give m som info to verify that it is in fact the PSU.

Ok while putting together my pc last night I went to do a test power up before closing up the case and hooking up the Monitor, keyboard...

After about 3-5 seconds of running its like the power from my PSU gets cut in half. My fans start almost stuttering and the lights (on the fans) start to flicker. This is basically a brand new system (specs in sig). The only thing im using out of my old system is my DVD burner, CD-Rom and Case. Any Ideas?

would a 350W PSU work for this or should i go bigger because once i get the Ultra back this will just be a backup and I just need something that can run the system

I second Ste's suggestion. I have the 400W version of that, and it's awesome and stable. One of the best brands of PSUs out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom