core duel VS Opteron - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 12:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default core duel VS Opteron

Hi:
friends, i have seen many test article about the performance comparision of CPU performance, but any one know the results when the Core duel VS Opteron.
Regards

Old 05-03-2007, 01:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Default Re: core duel VS Opteron

Core 2 duo > All AMD's product

Old 05-03-2007, 02:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroon1 View Post
when over clocked but amdx2s are better in the budget end although the e4300 has closed the gap
Old 05-03-2007, 09:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Question Re: core duel VS Opteron

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroon1 View Post
Thank you very much! But opteron is a server products.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
Inquiry - The Dark Cheese

939 opterons are ment to be server products, but soon it they become out performed by the xeons in Intel, so they just sell em as another mainstream AMD proccesor for socket 939.

Now $1000 AM2 Server CPUs, now those are nice.... you can put up to 4 of em in one rack and you have like 10 racks? $50 000 server though. This goes same for Xeons.
Old 05-04-2007, 02:41 AM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztdep View Post
Thank you very much! But opteron is a server products.
Xeon > Opteron
Old 05-04-2007, 09:05 AM   #7 (permalink)
Lord Techie

you can quit with the generalisations. it's just not true that all C2Ds beat all K8s.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:29 AM   #8 (permalink)
Self Proclaimed Immortal

Send a message via AIM to hmammen Send a message via MSN to hmammen Send a message via Yahoo to hmammen

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestick View Post
you can quit with the generalisations. it's just not true that all C2Ds beat all K8s.
Thanks you nitestick, i was tired of reading all of these ignorant posts. Yes, the core2duo is one of the best proccessors for the money ever made, yes they overlcock like beasts, and yes every computer retail store and internet site is shoving these chips into all of their new shelved computers(which i why i think we have so many fanboys), but you have to remember who is backing them, INTEL. AMD is the underdog, yet with the right equipment, right clocks, and right cooling, AMD's dual core line of chips, especially the opteron, can own a C2D.

Posted from my Nexus7
Old 05-04-2007, 10:15 AM   #9 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Send a message via AIM to TheDancingFetus Send a message via MSN to TheDancingFetus

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmammen View Post
Thanks you nitestick, i was tired of reading all of these ignorant posts. Yes, the core2duo is one of the best proccessors for the money ever made, yes they overlcock like beasts, and yes every computer retail store and internet site is shoving these chips into all of their new shelved computers(which i why i think we have so many fanboys), but you have to remember who is backing them, INTEL. AMD is the underdog, yet with the right equipment, right clocks, and right cooling, AMD's dual core line of chips, especially the opteron, can own a C2D.
I was strictly and AMD guy since the K6, but Intel are making the better chips right now. I admire AMD cutting prices to stay competative(something Intel didn't do when AMD was kicking their *** with the 64 chips). I have a e6300 that I got for $185 dollars overclocked to a $900 chip, and it is by far the best processor I've ever used. Plus Intel is releasing the 45nm processors which in the benchmarks I've seen add an extra 20% performance. AMD isn't out of the running yet and I hope they come out with something that just blows everybody away soon!!!!
Old 05-04-2007, 11:14 AM   #10 (permalink)
Self Proclaimed Immortal

Send a message via AIM to hmammen Send a message via MSN to hmammen Send a message via Yahoo to hmammen

AMD is coming out with with chips that will blow away everything towards the end of this year. AGENA and KUMA-
AGENA and KUMA details...

Posted from my Nexus7
Closed Thread