Core 2 Duo Vs Dual Core?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just done a search on the Fosconn website and it says that the Foxconn 45GM mobo will accept the CPU, here is the page:

Foxconn Support - CPU Support List

yea, thats what i had already linked to in my post before

that would be a pretty decent upgrade but it doesnt look like your mobo would support an e7600 or any 45nm cpus.
Foxconn Support - CPU Support List

i think the best cpu your mobo will support is an x6800, but thats probably going to be **** expensive.

and no where does it list an e7600.

patonb had already mentioned this before; just because it says it supports c2ds doesnt mean it will support all c2ds.

If you overclocked it and got it to like 3.0 Ghz.....then you may see a noticeable difference....it would be better than the dual core pentium that you have, but I am not sure if it would be worth the money.

If you got a different mobo that would accomodate better cpus then it definitely would be worth it, but I know that may not be an option

If you overclocked it and got it to like 3.0 Ghz.....then you may see a noticeable difference....it would be better than the dual core pentium that you have, but I am not sure if it would be worth the money.

If you got a different mobo that would accomodate better cpus then it definitely would be worth it, but I know that may not be an option

Thanks for the heads up Whirlwind, I cant really be bothered upgrading my mobo at the moment,I was just looking at speeding up the system I currently have. When I decide to change my mobo I will be building a new power PC and will be back online looking for advice and guidance on building a PC with a £1500 budget. I have never built a PC before so when I do decide to build one I will be on here looking for someone to guide me through it step by step.

just a thought.... You said you weren't interested in overclocking, but being as your options don't look very good for an upgrade, an overclock of you current cpu may help a little. I don't know how good of an overclocking chip it is, but it may be something to look into for a slight performance boost until you build you power PC.

just a thought.... You said you weren't interested in overclocking, but being as your options don't look very good for an upgrade, an overclock of you current cpu may help a little. I don't know how good of an overclocking chip it is, but it may be something to look into for a slight performance boost until you build you power PC.

The reason I am not going to overclock my CPU is because my mobo wont allow me to overclock a cpu.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom