Which Core?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReptiGuy

Baseband Member
I was going to go with a quad core for my computer but I don't think I do enough to need one.

The most I'll probably ever have up on my computer at the same time is four or five things and I don't know if I need a quad core processor for that.

I often have the internet up and a text editor up at the same time when I am making or changing a website.

Does Intel sell triple core processors? I've never seen an Intel Triple Core Processor.

If I did get a quad core processor would it make my computer faster?

It doesn't matter which CPU you go for, either a DUO or QUAD as both deliver great performance and you will hardly notice any difference between the two whilst surfin the net and basic windows stuff.

I have a Core 2 duo, works great, don't need to go to QUAD.

Make your own decision based on your budget, as both are great processors

Unless you are running very demanding applications a Core 2 Duo should be fine.

When I am programing i will usually have 2 or 3 instances of Visual Studio open, 4 or 5 instances of PowerPoint, Firefox,windows media player and occasionally a virus scan going and my overclocked E2180 handles it with no problem.

If your going to go quad get the Q9*50 series if going Core 2 duo the the E8200 just go with whichever fits in budget if you can't decide I doubt you will use the ability of a quad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom