cooling solution for a hot environment

Status
Not open for further replies.

yukito098

Beta member
I'm building a new computer this summer (planned E8400, GA-EP35-DS3R, 8800GT 512, 2GB G-Skill; not planning to OC atm) and I happen to be moving to an area where the outside temperature likes to hang out around 40C. As I understand it, you can have an awesome CPU cooling solution and great airflow and still have problems with overheating if the ambient temperature is high (since blowing hot air on the components doesn't do a great job of cooling them...who knew?). I'm wondering if there's a good overall/case cooling solution besides running the AC whenever the computer's on.
/edit:
I probably have about $50 in my budget for a cooling solution beyond the CPU and whatever fans come with the case (which I haven't decided on yet :\ ). The planned usage of the computer is general use with fairly frequent gaming (mostly recent-ish stuff, but I don't need the settings to be outrageous).

You could look into watercooling but that all depends on your budget, case and how intense you want to get with your computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom