cooling solution for a hot environment - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Closed Thread
Old 05-13-2008, 08:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Post cooling solution for a hot environment

I'm building a new computer this summer (planned E8400, GA-EP35-DS3R, 8800GT 512, 2GB G-Skill; not planning to OC atm) and I happen to be moving to an area where the outside temperature likes to hang out around 40C. As I understand it, you can have an awesome CPU cooling solution and great airflow and still have problems with overheating if the ambient temperature is high (since blowing hot air on the components doesn't do a great job of cooling them...who knew?). I'm wondering if there's a good overall/case cooling solution besides running the AC whenever the computer's on.
I probably have about $50 in my budget for a cooling solution beyond the CPU and whatever fans come with the case (which I haven't decided on yet :\ ). The planned usage of the computer is general use with fairly frequent gaming (mostly recent-ish stuff, but I don't need the settings to be outrageous).

Old 05-13-2008, 08:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
Send a message via AIM to M733mhz
Default Re: cooling solution for a hot environment

You could look into watercooling but that all depends on your budget, case and how intense you want to get with your computer.

Closed Thread