Cooling problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlb

Baseband Member
Ok about a month ago i purchased a 6600gt video card for my computer. Recently i have noticed that my temps are getting pretty high, the video card reads 60c at idle and 70c when i playing a game. Also my fan seems to speed up when i playing a game. Are these temps normal? Is there anything i can do to decrease the temps? Also this computer is an HP 1050y if that helps. Thanks.

Most likely there is dust and hair clogging up the fans, try to clean those up.

70C is pretty normal"ish" for a stock heatsink 6600GT. Maybe a couple of case fans, or a better heatsink would be nice

The fan speeds up because most likely its temp sensored. The temp raises the fan speed rises

Get some of the canned air and then take it outside and spray it. Watch out because if you spray it unside down it will spray out a very cold liquid. I have used canned air to clean my moms computers in her classroom alot.

Ok i will get some canned air and clean it. I was thinking about mounting a side fan, where should i put it toward the top so it blows the hot air out? Also can i wire the fan so that it can be plugged into an outlet so that it dosen't drain power from my computer?

This is the 21st century and your using air to cool????
Cars dont even use direct air cooling. Some motorcyles still air cool their cylinders like harleys. Even ac systems use a heat exchanger.

Get a liquid cooling kit...but I do recommend that you assemble your own.

For non-conductive coolant use FluidXP+.

Dude, what gives? Stop recommending water cooling to everyone.

You dont need to wire the fan to use the outlets power. It doesnt take much power from the computer anyways.

It takes like 5 watts to power a fan, nothing really life-or-death about it.
I'm no psu expert, but it may also be because the hp's tend to use lesser watt psu's. I mean my old hp was running a 250w, and although stable, I became very cautious of it.
I'd say just clean out the case and see if your psu starts acting up anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom