Phate

In Runtime
ok, heres my situation:

Computer Stats:
Dell Dimension 4600 with the following upgrades
BFG tech NVIDIA GeForce 7600GS 512mb video card
2gb patriot signature ram
500W FSU PSU

i just installed the video card, which is a huge upgrade from my previous ATI Radeon 9800 pro, and im worried about cooling.

the previous video card didnt even have a heatsink, and this one has its own heatsink, fan, and it requires a 4pin power connector all to itself.

should i be worried about cooling? its winter, and im in a room that is basically glass on 2 sides (80% of the wall is window)

what i have for now is the side panel off, facing towards my desk, and the window directly behind it cracked a bit to let the cold cold air from the outside go in. should i close the case, should i close the window?

i dont want to take chances, but my parents are complaining about the temperature.

also, is there any way to check the running temperatures of my hardware? i dont think i have hardware stuff, but i could be wrong, i know i havent installed any temp-monitors, could someone point me towards a good software one if that thing even exists?

-Phate

Do you have a regular sized 4600 or a slimline 4600C

My families main computer is the space saving 4600C, which I HATE.

I can say it really has some serious issues with heat. On idle its usually on 56C with no apps running. And with gaming (which it sucks at) the temp inside can get up to 70-75C. And thats with no upgrades (its too small for upgrades) in a room thats usually 60-70F. This is why i am getting a new PC and joined these forums lol.

I wish you luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom