cooling / fans questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

little a

In Runtime
hello all

i'm running an Intel Pentium D 930 Presler 3.0GHz in my build. at the time i put things together i bought the cheapest possible case fan and a so-so heatsink and fan. i want to upgrade to something quieter because this thing hums like a diesel as it stands now.

- what's a good, recommendable case fan that, without sacrificing too much the volume of air it moves can still cool in relative quiet?

- similar question on a recommendable and relatively quiet heatsink/fan combo that will give me room to upgrade later to another LGA775 cpu? in other words, i don't want to get something now to merely satisfy the presler but that will no longer work when i upgrade to a more powerful CPU.

thanks as always

- what's a good, recommendable case fan that, without sacrificing too much the volume of air it moves can still cool in relative quiet?
Well, what's your case, so we know what size fan(s) you can have?

recommendable and relatively quiet heatsink/fan combo
Will you be planning on OCing the LGA775 in future? Cos then I'd recommend the Scythe Ninja 2, it has brackets for a lot of CPU sockets. Otherwise just look for a decent $15-30 heatsink which has brackets for both LGA775 and whatever the Pentium Ds use.

Well, what's your case, so we know what size fan(s) you can have?

full size ATX - fan size is 80mm x 80 mm

Will you be planning on OCing the LGA775 in future? Cos then I'd recommend the Scythe Ninja 2, it has brackets for a lot of CPU sockets. Otherwise just look for a decent $15-30 heatsink which has brackets for both LGA775 and whatever the Pentium Ds use.

no overclocking - the cpu fan is fairly loud but i just figured out that the real culprit is the graphic card fan (i'll be looking there next but that's a much more complex decision).

a

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom