Which cooler for Phenom II x6 1100t?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhtgvn

Beta member
Hello everyone,
I upgraded my cpu a while ago with a phenom II x6 1100t but you may well know that the stock cpu cooler might sound like a vacuum cleaner on this thing... :) it doesn't overheat or anything but i would like to upgrade to something more silent and can provide better cooling (now it idles around 30-32Cel. and after gaming it might go up to 38-42Cel. depending on how hot it is during the day) by the way i dont overclock. my budget will be around 50bucks and i will buy something from newegg, i am leaving links for the ones that i am considering, any suggestions, thanks.

ANTEC Kuhler:
Newegg.com - Antec KUHLER box High-performance CPU Cooler

ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 13 Limited Edition:
Newegg.com - ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 13 Limited Edition 92mm High Performance CPU Cooler for Intel and AMD

COOLER MASTER V8:
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER V8 RR-UV8-XBU1-GP 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler Intel Core i7 compatible

For some reason newegg isn't working for me. However go with the Cooler Master Hyper 212. I have it in my rig on push/pull config. Was 102 degrees two weeks ago at 64% humidity, with no AC, CPU was running 40-45c. Though it's a Deneb 3.4, so it's hard getting it under full load. Currently it's idling at 40c. In the cooler months it won't cap 32c under load.

This is the cooler... Newegg is now loading for me.

Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 "Heatpipe Direct Contact" Long Life Sleeve 120mm CPU Cooler Compatible Intel Core i5 & Intel Core i7

Given the location of my PC, up off the ground, away from the kids, basically at my shoulder... I can't hear a thing. Quiet and cool. Best part is it's under $30 and free shipping.

The Cooler Master V6 is only $49.04 (after a rebate) with free shipping. It's the best heatsink available from Newegg, for $50, that I see.

Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER V6 GT RR-V6GT-22PK-R1 120mm DynaLoop CPU Cooler w/ Universal bracket & Dual Fan

However, if your not overclocking, and you want a super silent cooling solution, then I would buy the Cooler Master Hyper 212+ and replace the fan with a Noctua NF-S12B FLX

Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 "Heatpipe Direct Contact" Long Life Sleeve 120mm CPU Cooler Compatible Intel Core i5 & Intel Core i7

Newegg.com - Noctua NF-S12B FLX 120mm, 3 Speed Setting, Beveled Blade Tips Design, SSO Bearing Fan

The Hyper N 520 is oddly shaped and it's designed for 92mm fans. 92mm fans have to spin faster, to move as much air as a 120mm, making the 92mm fan noisier for the same level of performance. The Hyper 212+ is designed for 120mm fans, it comes with one but you can add a second fan for extra performance if needed. It's ultimately your choice and the Hyper N 520 will work satisfactory, but I would go with the Hyper 212+ or the V6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom