convert 15 pin cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreama

Beta member
I have a Scanport slide scanner that has a 15 pin cable end to connect to the computer. The problem is I do not have a 15 pin connection, only USB. the scanner is old, but I want to know if I can get some kind of converter for it to convert it to USB. Thanks if you have any ideas.

No idea and I've never heard of a 15 Pin connector for scanners, most of them are 25 pin parallel, 9pin serial, USB, FireWire or SCSI. The only 15pin I know might just be the VGA port and that's usually used for video output.

*EDIT* LOL this brings back old memory, what you might have there is an AUI, it's a 15 Pin connector mainly used for the old 10Base5 network. So your scanner might actually be an old network scanner or if not it connects to an old sound card or with an AUI port. Some old sound card have an AUI port for joystick and gamepads, etc.

You might not be able to find an AUI to USB but there are AUI to RJ45 however I don't think it would work if you can't share the scanner through the network. There are old sound card that still have this port, I happen to have one lying around....but the AUI used for 10Base5 and the one for old joystick might be different. I don't know this.

there are some joypadto usb convereters because i bought one on ebay a while back to connect my M$ sidewinder i bought from a friend, old sound cards, and some X-fi cards have this port but i dont know if the joypad/midi port is the same as AUI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom