Conroe PC's, predictions and such

Status
Not open for further replies.

IF06

In Runtime
I saw a competition with an AMD clocked to 2.8 and all the techy stuff vs. the conroe 2.6ghz processor i think not usre..but the results are amazing which really gets me persuaded to buy a conroe pc.

But can someone inform what's the advantages of conroe aside from these amazing results lol, I know I can always read it up but I just want to hear out the general high lights of it.

Aside from that, how much do you think a conroe pc will be? Aside from that, how much do you think a motherboard conroe compatible would be?

Such a change..its orgamisc lol

"Orgasmic"? Wtf. You're scary...

There are already Conroe-ready motherboards out... You should be able to find one that suits your needs...

As for the Conroe CPU's, they'll go for about $350 US.

Lol, I'm 15 what do you expect from us kids?

350? Not bad, not bad at all .... i can produce a pc with a budget of 1500

IF06 said:
But can someone inform what's the advantages of conroe aside from these amazing results lol, I know I can always read it up but I just want to hear out the general high lights of it.

Aside from that, how much do you think a conroe pc will be? Aside from that, how much do you think a motherboard conroe compatible would be?

Such a change..its orgamisc lol

All the highlights in Conroe combine to produce the amazing results that you see. I don't know if I can mention any advantages of the Conroe, it won't exactly make your breakfast for you. Its a processor that outperforms anything else on the market for a fraction of the price of the competition, that's the advantage.

The technical highlights include a 65nm production size (less power, less heat, higher clocks) as opposed to the old 90nm production size that current Athlon 64s use. That's about the only thing that you'll see on the surface, unless you want to get into the architectural details (shorter pipelines, 4-issue core, improved prefetching).

Core 2 Duo (Conroe) processors, not to be confused with Core Duo processors, will come in a many versions. The 1.86Ghz E6300 and 2.13Ghz E6400 versions will cost $183 and $224, respectively, and will have 2MB of shared L2 cache. The 2.4Ghz E6600 and 2.66Ghz E6700 versions will cost $316 and $520, respectively, and will have 4MB of shared L2 cache. The prices are for processors in quantities of 1000, so what you pay at Newegg is likely to be around $20 more, or less. The E6300 is comparable to the Athlon 64 X2 4600+ (4800+ is being phased out), and the E6400 is comparable to the Athlon 64 FX-62. There are no available competitors to the E6600 and E6700, they're too good. :D

I agree 100%, such a change is truly orgasmic. Not even the Athlon 64s, released way back in Sept. 2001, had such an improvement at their release. And there hasn't really been any major performance increase since that time, almost 5 years ago.

As for motherboards, there is only one motherboard currently available, and it costs around $250. Wait until the end of the month and you'll see Conroe motherboards closer to the actual release date of the processors. Early next week, Anandtech is going to release a review of Conroe motherboards as well.

This makes me all persuaded, that's it, conroe is the way I go when I start my own pc project....

And that's a surprisng cost, i can really make a computer under 1500....

DDR2-800 memory. Yea, its more expensive. The cheapest ones are $148, but the cheapest reliable one I found was $198. There's an excellent overclocking memory for $234, thats not too bad.

2 x 1GB sticks ofcourse.

wow that kinda hurts my budget...

so so far it's....$200 (ram), $320(processor), $250 (mobo), $250 (mid-high graphics card), and another 300 or such for other crap such as hard drives...

not bad at all

it really blows my budget i had going for a 939 build. i'll just use this old (huge) crt i have until i can get a LCD sometime later. but aint no way i'm gonna not buy conroe. if it lives up to the hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom