Connecting a Blu Ray CD drive via SATA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThrillRyder23

Baseband Member
OK so I've never had much experience with anything involving raid setups or multiple SATA drives.

Here is a link to my motherboard - asus p6t

Newegg.com - ASUS P6T Deluxe LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Here is a link to my Blu Ray CD drive

Newegg.com - LG Black 6X Blu-ray DVD-ROM 16X DVD-ROM 40X CD-ROM SATA Internal Blu-ray/HD DVD-ROM & 16X DVD±R DVD Burner Model GGC-H20L - Blu-Ray Drives

My problem is this - I'm connecting the CDdrive correctly but the motherboard and operating system fail to recognize it. I'm not sure if I need to install RAID drivers? If I do how would I configure them? (never had experience with this like I stated).

Is there another solution that I'm missing? I've installed any software or drivers I can find from LG and have configured the BIOS according to how the manual said I should with regards to SATA CDdrives but nothing is working. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

does it show up in Bios?

did you plug in the power for it? :)p)

try to see if there are any updates from ASUS

RAID does not involve optical drives, its hard drive related

No it does not show up in BIOS. There is no light on the front of the drive to indicate some sort of life and it isn't recognized at all in the BIOS.

And yes, the power is connected lol.

I've checked Asus for updates but there doesn't seem to be any. I havn't called them yet - I figured someone here might know the answer so why bother wasting minutes but if this can't be solved here then I might have to.

Any other suggestions?

Sounds like a bum drive. You might want to look for SATA options in the BIOS and set that channel to work as IDE. That will sometimes be necessary to get a drive recognized. If that isn't it then I'll bet it's a bad drive.

Yea it seems like it is a bad drive. I've tried every BIOS setting possible (including SATA as IDE) but nothing gets it recognized.

Guess I'll have to get it RMA'd at newegg.

Thanks for the input guys - appreciated.

HI, I'm having a similar problem and would be very grateful of some help please...

I have this LG DVD Blu-ray/HD drive:

LG GGC-H20L Blu-Ray & HD Combi drive Black SATA Retail Blu-Ray & HD player DVD rewriter with software fixings manual- microdirect.co.uk

and this P5KPL SE motherboard:

Asus P5KPL SE, Intel G31, Sok 775, PCI-E (x16), DDR2 1066(OC)/667/800, SATA 3Gb/s, ATX - Scan.co.uk

My DVD drive has power and the blue light works and the drive opens but it is not being detected in my BIOS or in my computer on XP 32 bit.

any advice please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom