Connect Computer -> TV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeebo323

Beta member
Hey.

I am not EXTREMELY knowledgable about actual hardware. I could find my way around some computer hardware, but I think you get the idea.

I just discovered how to (succesfully) DL TV Shows (that I missed the night prior).
The thing is, I don't feel like sitting at my computer watching a TV show for an hour is appealing at all.
Is there ANY way to connect my Computer to my TV?

My TV isn't one of those high-def 36 inch flatscreen kinda TVs.

It's a $150 Emerson TV. It has the usual inputs (yellow/white/red) cable, etc.
Is there some kind of cable out there that would allow me to do this?

Most video cards do comes cables to connect your tv to your computer. I am no tcompletely sure how to do so as I really have never had a desire ot watch TV on my comp either hehe. Maybe someone else has some more info. Post the video card you have and that might help them determine what you need to do.

My video card is nothing special, ATI Radeon X300 SE 128 MB.

It's a Dell. It's a GREAT computer though, I had everything upgraded, 3.2 ghz, 160gb hdd, 1g memory.

http://www.ati.com/products/radeonx300/radeonx300series/index.html

-video or composite connector for TV/VCR

I had the same card on my comp too but got the x550se instead but from what the link shows I believe the card only has a s-video output and from what you have said your TV only has the standard a/v outputs. You could search the web to see if there is a s-video to A/V cable out there. If so I knwo your card shoudl allow you to output to your TV. Hope this helps

purchase an s-video cable ($15) and two audio cables ($5)

connect them to the video card. The video card usually has software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom