Computer using alot of RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Vista uses a lot of ram, and yes I understand it's meant to.

drewjustforyou, if the game is lagging that badly, it's probably not your ram. Having 2 gigs free is plenty. You probably want to try resolving the driver update issue first. You might have dl'd the wrong version of the driver, e.g. not the vista 32bit. OR it could have been a corrupted download. In any case, try downloading that again. Make sure that...

1. you download it from nvidia's site
2. that you get the correct driver. (there's a bunch of lists there, just choose the right ones. e.g. the graphics card you have, the os you have.)
Nvidia Drivers

well, it took me to a different colored site, but with most of the same options (though it was a bit more streamlined), and the options I picked ended up dling xxxxxx(2), so heres hoping that it was just a corrupted download the first time, as I have never seen a problem like this before, I may have to go to their tech support, or maybe use an older driver version,

any ideas on what would cause an error like that? Im thinking registry, but I have never touched those files on this computer.

thank you guys again for the assistance, Im learning more about vista all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom